Observables, Inc (2014 – current)
CTO and Co-Founder
- Leading technology, writing code, hiring and managing the team, doing the dishes.
MEDSEEK (1999 – 2012) (Acquired by Silverlake private equity firm, 2012)
Vice President of Product Development
- Duties include Management, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture and Design Review, Process Improvement, Product Improvement, Working with Clients, Outsourcing, Integration of Acquisitions.Directed the evolution of software and product development through multiple stages of the corporate lifecycle as MEDSEEK grew from $3M revenues to over $50M revenues and double digit EBITDA.
- Instituted software development best practices, including source code control, formal code reviews, the creation of a testing department, product management, continuous integration, and the adoption of formal agile methodologies, including Scrum and Kanban.
- Productized MEDSEEK’s software offerings. Directly led requirements, architecture, and development for multiple generations of products on ASP.NET and ColdFusion platforms. Had management oversight of Java development team.
- Managed geographically diverse team across multiple time zones, including working with outsource vendors in India and China.
- Worked on integrating people, products, and processes of acquired companies.
- Author on MEDSEEK’s only issued patent.
- Memory Garden provides an online home for families to help a loved one deal with the fear, frustration, and loneliness of memory loss or Alzheimer’s while developing deeper family relationships and connections.
- Our team won first place at Santa Barbara Startup Weekend.
- We have released our first iPhone app.
- Created a start-up company to explore possibilities in wireless email and Internet products.
Say Software (1991 – 1993)
Product Development Manager
- Developed multimedia retail products, including the product interface and architecture.
- Developed code.
- Assisted with company business plan, marketing to 1investors, and sales.
Antioch University MBA Program (2012 – Present)
- Inaugural Faculty Member of the Socially Responsible MBA Program.
- Teaching “Entrepreneurship & Leading Change” for Spring 2015.
Large Corporate Experience
Applied Magnetics Corp (1997 – 1998)
Senior Design Engineer
- Designed magnetic recording heads, particularly test structures. Developed test systems for production process improvement.
Summer Employee to Applications Strategy Architecture Group
- Implemented proof-of-concept for Microsoft Windows Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) protocol. Successfully demonstrated working prototype of code for Bill Gates, validating the concept.
AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill (1985 – 1989)
- Developed real-time software and hardware for high-speed, interactive, circuit board and substrate testing robot. Applied artificial intelligence techniques to compensate for unknowns in tested products. This enabled the system to determine the schematics of an unknown or competitor device, rather than merely confirm the behavior of known circuits.
- An overview of this work can be seen in this US Patent.